- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (24.2 x 32.4 cm) and Image: 5 3/16 x 7 13/16 inches (13.1 x 19.8 cm)
Artist's butterfly emblem, in black ink, within image, lower right; lettered in black ink, lower center: "CHELSEA. | DRAWN AND ETCHED BY J. A. Mc. NEIL WHISTLER. | LONDON, J. S. VIRTUE & Co. LIMITED."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | chimneys | horses (animals) | lampposts | landscape | men | railing | river | shore (landform) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Hammersmith and Fulham | London | Putney Bridge | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Chelsea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.