- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (24.2 x 32.4 cm) and Image: 5 3/16 x 7 13/16 inches (13.1 x 19.8 cm)
Artist's butterfly emblem, in black ink, within image, lower right; lettered in black ink, lower center: "CHELSEA. | DRAWN AND ETCHED BY J. A. Mc. NEIL WHISTLER. | LONDON, J. S. VIRTUE & Co. LIMITED."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | chimneys | horses (animals) | lampposts | landscape | men | railing | river | shore (landform) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Hammersmith and Fulham | London | Putney Bridge | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Chelsea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.