- Head of a Horse, Facing Left
- Graphite and brown wash on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 8 5/8 × 9 5/8 inches (21.9 × 24.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 3/8 × 7 13/16 inches (18.7 × 19.8 cm), and Sheet: 7 × 7 3/8 inches (17.8 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Nose dark blue with black | and open square nostril"; inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Much fuller | eyes thick | Dark"; inscribed in upper right: "oh lille | white"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Seymour, 1702–1752, British, Head of a Horse, Facing Left, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.