Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Jack Sheppard Gets Drunk and Orders his Mother off, 1839
Jack Sheppard Gets Drunk and Orders his Mother off
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 7 1/8 inches (21 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 6 inches (18 x 15.2 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 5 7/8 x 4 7/8 inches (14.9 x 12.4 cm), and Image: 4 1/2 x 3 11/16 inches (11.4 x 9.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | Chapter 14 - 'The Flash Ken' | criminals | crowds | drinking | drunk | Epoch the Second: "Thames Darrell." | food | gesturing | gin | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | men | mother | novel | pointing | smoke | stairs | yelling
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.