IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Audacity of Jack Sheppard, 1839
Audacity of Jack Sheppard
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 6 15/16 inches (22.2 x 17.7 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 6 1/8 inches (18 x 15.5 cm), Sheet: 6 x 4 3/4 inches (15.2 x 12.1 cm), Image: 4 5/8 x 3 11/16 inches (11.7 x 9.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | Chapter 5 - 'The Disguise' | criminals | Epoch the Third: "The Prison-Breaker." | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | living room | men | novel | robbery | sitting | stealing | surprise | sword | thief | women
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.