Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Jack Sheppard Tricking Shotbolt, the Gaoler, 1839
Jack Sheppard Tricking Shotbolt, the Gaoler
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 7/16 x 7 9/16 inches (21.4 x 19.2 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 5 7/8 inches (18 x 15 cm), Sheet: 5 11/16 x 4 7/8 inches (14.4 x 12.4 cm), and Image: 4 3/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.1 x 9.6 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | Chapter 13 - 'The Supper at Mr. Kneebone's' | correctional institution | criminals | Epoch the Third: "The Prison-Breaker." | gaoler | genre subject | historical subject | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | jail | lanterns | men | night | novel | stealing | surprise | sword | thief | tricking | women
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.