"May I be Cursed," muttered Jack Sheppard, "if ever I try to be honest again!"
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 7 1/8 inches (21.6 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 7 x 5 7/8 inches (17.8 x 15 cm), Sheet: 5 11/16 x 4 3/4 inches (14.4 x 12.1 cm), Image: 4 1/4 x 3 11/16 inches (10.8 x 9.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | boxes | chair | Chapter 5 - 'Hawk and Buzzard' | clocks | criminals | drinking | Epoch the Second: "Thames Darrell." | eyepatch | food | gesturing | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | literary theme | men | novel | robbery | sitting | stealing | surprise | sword | thief | women
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, "May I be Cursed," muttered Jack Sheppard, "if ever I try to be honest again!", 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.