- Views of Montreal and Louisburg: A View of Louisburg in North America taken near the Light House when that city was beseiged in 1758
- Color engraving
- Sheet: 13 1/8 x 20 3/4in. (33.3 x 52.7cm)
Inscribed in plate on verso of board (see 'notes' for explanation), below, center: "A View of Louisburg in North America, taken near the Light House when that City was besieged in 1758. | "Vue de Louisburg dans L'Amerique Septentrionale, prise du (f?)anal durant le dernier Siege en 1758."; below: "Drawn on the SPOT by Cap.t Ince of the 35.t Reg.t Engraved by P. Canot."; below: "Publish'd According to Act of Parliament Nov. 11, 1762. by Thos Jefferys, at Charing Cross."; below, left: "1. The City. / 2. Gabaru's Bay. / 3. English Camp."; below, right: "4. French Fleet. / 5. Island Battery. 6. The Light House."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Pierre Charles Canot, ca. 1710–1777, French, active in Britain, Views of Montreal and Louisburg: A View of Louisburg in North America taken near the Light House when that city was beseiged in 1758, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.