Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Transverse Sections of the East and West End
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 18 9/16 inches (32.1 x 47.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Lewis Vulliamy Archt | Transverse Section shewing the West End."; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Design for a Chapel to be | built at Enfield. No 1"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Transverse Section shewing the East End."; in graphite, lower right: "2"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "OL | 472 | AD. 77."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | church | cross section | design | elevation (drawing) | pews | plan (drawing) | scale (rule) | spires
- Associated Places:
- Enfield | England | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Transverse Sections of the East and West End, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.