Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Transverse Sections of the East and West End
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 12 5/8 x 18 9/16 inches (32.1 x 47.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Lewis Vulliamy Archt | Transverse Section shewing the West End."; in pen and black ink, lower center: "Design for a Chapel to be | built at Enfield. No 1"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Transverse Section shewing the East End."; in graphite, lower right: "2"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "OL | 472 | AD. 77."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | church | cross section | design | elevation (drawing) | pews | plan (drawing) | scale (rule) | spires
- Associated Places:
- Enfield | England | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Transverse Sections of the East and West End, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.