Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Longitudinal Section
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 17 15/16 inches (32.2 x 45.6 cm) and Image: 11 15/16 x 17 5/16 inches (30.3 x 43.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Design for a Chapel to be built at Enfield No. 2 | Longitudinal Section"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "Scale of" "0" to "60 Feet"; in pen and black ink, throughout, some dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "UL | 472 | AD. 78"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Lewis Vulliamy Archt"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | church | cross section | design | elevation (drawing) | pews | plan (drawing) | scale (rule) | spires
- Associated Places:
- Enfield church
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Longitudinal Section, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.