Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Longitudinal Section
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 11/16 x 17 15/16 inches (32.2 x 45.6 cm) and Image: 11 15/16 x 17 5/16 inches (30.3 x 43.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Design for a Chapel to be built at Enfield No. 2 | Longitudinal Section"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "Scale of" "0" to "60 Feet"; in pen and black ink, throughout, some dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "UL | 472 | AD. 78"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Lewis Vulliamy Archt"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | church | cross section | design | elevation (drawing) | pews | plan (drawing) | scale (rule) | spires
- Associated Places:
- Enfield church
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Longitudinal Section, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.