Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Transverse Sections, East and West End
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 12 7/16 x 18 7/16 inches (31.6 x 46.9 cm) and 11 11/16 x 17 5/8 inches (29.7 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Transverse Section shewing the West End"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Design for a Chapel to be built at Enfield No, 2"; in pen and black ink, upper right: "Transverse Section shewing the East End"; in pen and black ink, throughout, some dimensions given; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "Scale of" labeled "0" to "50 Feet"; in graphite, lower right: "4"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "UL | 472 | AD. 79."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Lewis Vulliamy Archt."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | architectural subject | chapel | church | cross section | design | elevation (drawing) | plan (drawing) | scale (rule) | spires
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis Vulliamy, 1791–1871, British, Design for a Chapel at Enfield: Transverse Sections, East and West End, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.