IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by unknown artist, (A. Dick), Grandpapa's Story or The Witches Frolick, 1838
Grandpapa's Story or The Witches Frolick
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 5 11/16 inches (23.5 × 14.4 cm), Image: 4 15/16 × 3 15/16 inches (12.5 × 10 cm)
Lettered, center under image: "George Cruikshank"; center right under image: "A. Dick. Sc."; lower center: "Grandpapas Story. or The Witches Frolick. | New York Jemima M. Lewer. Nov.r.1, 1838."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrel | bottles | brooms | chimney | drinking | drinking glasses | fear | flying | food | Grandpapa's Story - The Witches Frolic | illustration | legends | light | literary theme | novel | religious and mythological subject | surprise | The Ingoldsby Legends | witches
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.