Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene IV: Olivia's House
- Stipple engraving on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 x 29 1/2 inches (50.8 x 74.9 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 x 25 1/2 inches (50.5 x 64.8 cm), Image: 17 3/8 x 23 1/2 inches (44.1 x 59.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "3[?8]"; inscribed in blue ink, verso, upper left: "Twelfth Night"
lower left: "Painted by Ramberg."; lower right: "Aquafortis by Ryder."; lower center: "Publish'd July 1. 1791, by J. & J. Boydell, at the Shakspeare Gallery Pall Mall. & No. 90. Cheapside London. | SHAKSPEARE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bells | bodice | bonnet | boots | breeches | brocade | buckle | buttons | cape | carving | chaise longue | clouds | collars | cords | cuffs (costume components) | curtains | cushion | dog (animal) | doorway | doublets | dresses | feathers | floorboards | footstool | frieze (ornamental band) | fringe | hats | jackets | jester | lace | literary theme | men | molding (object component) | monkey (animal) | mullions | nails | painting (visual work) | pearls | play | plumes | ruff | rug | screen | shoes | skirt | slashing | stockings | tassels | tracery | Twelfth Night; or, What You Will, play by William Shakespeare | vase | veil | vests | window | women
- Associated People:
- Olivia (character in Twelfth Night)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Ryder, 1746–1810, Irish, Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene IV: Olivia's House, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.