Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene IV: Olivia's House
- Stipple engraving on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 x 29 1/2 inches (50.8 x 74.9 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 x 25 1/2 inches (50.5 x 64.8 cm), and Image: 17 3/8 x 23 1/2 inches (44.1 x 59.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "3[?8]"; inscribed in blue ink, verso, upper left: "Twelfth Night"
lower left: "Painted by Ramberg."; lower right: "Aquafortis by Ryder."; lower center: "Publish'd July 1. 1791, by J. & J. Boydell, at the Shakspeare Gallery Pall Mall. & No. 90. Cheapside London. | SHAKSPEARE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bells | bodice | bonnet | boots | breeches | brocade | buckle | buttons | cape | carving | chaise longue | clouds | collars | cords | cuffs (costume components) | curtains | cushion | dog (animal) | doorway | doublets | dresses | feathers | footstool | frieze (ornamental band) | fringe | hats | jackets | jester | lace | men | molding (object component) | mullions | nails | painting (visual work) | pearls | play | plumes | ruff | rug | screen | shoes | skirt | slashing | stockings | tassels | tracery | Twelfth Night; or, What You Will, play by William Shakespeare | vase | vests | window | women
- Associated People:
- Olivia (character in Twelfth Night)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Ryder, 1746–1810, Irish, Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene IV: Olivia's House, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.