- Twelfth Night, Act V, Scene I: The Street
- Engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 x 29 1/2 inches (50.8 x 74.9 cm), Plate: 19 3/4 x 24 7/8 inches (50.2 x 63.2 cm), and Image: 17 5/16 x 23 3/8 inches (44 x 59.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, verso, upper right: "Twelfth Night"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "5)-"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by W. Hamilton."; lettered lower right: "Aqua fortis by F. Bartolozzi."; lettered lower center: "Publish'd June 24. 1791. by J. & J. Boydell, Cheapside, & at the Shakspeare Gallery Pall Mall. | SHAKSPEARE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arcade | arches | blocks | breeches | buildings | capes | caps | chain | chimneys | collars | columns | cord | doublets | dresses | earring | fur | habit | hat | headband | kerchief | literary theme | men | play | plumes | sandals | sashes (costume accessories) | shawl | shingles | shoes | stockings | street | swords | Twelfth Night; or, What You Will, play by William Shakespeare | windows | women
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Twelfth Night, Act V, Scene I: The Street, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.