- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 × 5 3/4 inches (23.7 × 14.6 cm), Image: 3 11/16 × 2 15/16 inches (9.3 × 7.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "[...] | [...]"
Lettered, upper center: "19."; lower center: "Designed & Etched by G. Cruikshank~ | Lismahago's Retaliation~. | p. 898."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | falling | garden | genre subject | illustration | laughing | pond | retaliation | surprise | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Lismahago's Retaliation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.