- Jonathan Wild Discovers Darrell in the Loft
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 7 11/16 inches (24.2 x 19.5 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 13/16 inches (17.2 x 14.7 cm), Sheet: 5 9/16 x 4 11/16 inches (14.1 x 11.9 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 x 3 5/8 inches (10.8 x 9.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beams | Chapter 2 - 'The Old Mint' | criminals | Epoch the First: "Jonathan Wild" | hats | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | lamp | light | literary theme | men | novel | pistol | searching | shadows | sword
- Associated People:
- Jack Sheppard
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Jonathan Wild Discovers Darrell in the Loft, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.