Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Jonathan Wild Discovers Darrell in the Loft, 1835
Jonathan Wild Discovers Darrell in the Loft
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 7 11/16 inches (24.2 x 19.5 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 13/16 inches (17.2 x 14.7 cm), Sheet: 5 9/16 x 4 11/16 inches (14.1 x 11.9 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 x 3 5/8 inches (10.8 x 9.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "George Cruikshank~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beams | Chapter 2 - 'The Old Mint' | criminals | Epoch the First: "Jonathan Wild" | hats | illustration | Jack Sheppard (novel) | lamp | light | literary theme | men | novel | pistol | searching | shadows | sword
- Associated People:
- Thames Darrell
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.