Capricornus - A Caper- o' - corns
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 3 15/16 x 6 9/16 inches (10 x 16.7 cm) and Image: 3 3/16 x 5 9/16 inches (8.1 x 14.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "George Cruikshank"; lower center: "CAPRICORNUS __ A Caper-o'-corns."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- audience | bundles | Capricorn | corn | costume | dancers | dancing | flags | food | genre subject | girls | goat | harvest | hut | illustration | skirts | stage | wheat | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Capricornus - A Caper- o' - corns, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.