The Commodore's Wedding
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 5/16 x 5 11/16 inches (23.7 x 14.4 cm), 7 5/16 x 3 3/4 inches (18.5 x 9.5 cm), and 3 11/16 x 2 15/16 inches (9.4 x 7.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper, left: "Smollett | Bell & (?)D"
Lettered, upper center: "7."; lower center: "Geo.g Cruikshank | The Commodore's Wedding | p. 173."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bales | captain | commodore | galloping | genre subject | hay | horse (animal) | illustration | jumping | man | wedding
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, The Commodore's Wedding, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.