- Fowl Island, Bay of Bengal, Coast of Arakan
- 1786 (?)
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper; mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 18 1/2 inches (27 × 47 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 11 5/16 × 19 3/16 inches (28.7 × 48.7 cm), and Mount: 12 3/4 × 20 5/16 inches (32.4 × 51.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Fo[u?]l [...] B. Bengal | Coa[st?] Arra[r?]an"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | landscape | marine art | pines | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bengal, Bay of
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Fowl Island, Bay of Bengal, Coast of Arakan, 1786 (?)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.