Near Ramnagur, Benares
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 19 inches (29.4 × 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower right: "No. 28 [crossed out] Near the Temple built by Chey Sing | [cut off text]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "164"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "48"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | figures | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India | Ramnagar | Uttar Pradesh | Varanasi
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Near Ramnagur, Benares, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.