IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Lucknow, Upper India, undated
Lucknow, Upper India
- Additional Title(s):
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 × 18 3/4 inches (28.7 × 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "213"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Lucknow"; inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower left: "N.[101(crossed out)] | Cow | now "; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "213" [encircled]; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "36"
Watermark: James Whatman II, 1764-93; p. 379, from 'Paper Mills and Paper Makers in England 1495-1800'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | building | landscape | steps | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India | Lucknow | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.