- Lucknow, Upper India
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 × 18 3/4 inches (28.7 × 47.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "213"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Lucknow"; inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower left: "N.[101(crossed out)] | Cow | now "; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "213" [encircled]; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "36"
Watermark: James Whatman II, 1764-93; p. 379, from 'Paper Mills and Paper Makers in England 1495-1800'
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | building | landscape | steps | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India | Lucknow | Uttar Pradesh
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Lucknow, Upper India, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.