One of One Hundred and Seventy-six Drawings of India by Thomas and William Daniell, Grouped by "Voyages," "South India," and "Upper India"
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 18 7/16 inches (28.6 × 46.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower left: "N. 118 [crossed out] Gate of the [Johe?] Barig | Fyzabad-"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "123" [encircled]; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "31"
Watermark: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | figures | gate | steps | trees
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | India
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, One of One Hundred and Seventy-six Drawings of India by Thomas and William Daniell, Grouped by "Voyages," "South India," and "Upper India", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.