IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Bijaigarh (Bidze Gur), 1788
Bijaigarh (Bidze Gur)
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, Wove paper
- Mount: 11 3/8 × 25 7/16 inches (28.9 × 64.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 5/8 × 24 11/16 inches (24.4 × 62.7 cm), Sheet: 8 5/8 × 23 3/4 inches (21.9 × 60.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "B Bijaigarh"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | columns | figures (illustrations) | hills | landscape | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Adapting the Eye: an archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 2011-10-11 - 2011-12-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Holly Shaffer, Adapting the eye, An archive of the British in India, 1770-1830 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2011, p. 26, no. 36, V2359 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.