South East View of Fort George, Madras
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: mechanical study
- January 1793
- Graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream and brown laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 14 7/16 × 22 5/8 inches (36.7 × 57.5 cm) and Sheet: 14 × 20 3/4 inches (35.6 × 52.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "73"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "39"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | coast | figures (illustrations) | flags | landscape | marine art | palm trees | people | sea | ships | southeast | view | water | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Bharat | Fort Saint George | India | Madras | Tamil Nadu
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, South East View of Fort George, Madras, January 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.