Mountains on the Coast
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/16 × 11 13/16 inches (13.5 × 30 cm), Mount: 6 1/16 × 12 7/8 inches (15.4 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Beach"; in graphite, lower left: "patches of cultivation [yell?] bordered | with full green - o wood deep [sober?] green the lighter parts warm | reddish brown. N B. taken just after the rainy Seasons"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | coast | landscape | mountains
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Mountains on the Coast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.