Mountains on the Coast
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper; mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/16 × 11 13/16 inches (13.5 × 30 cm) and Mount: 6 1/16 × 12 7/8 inches (15.4 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Beach"; in graphite, lower left: "patches of cultivation [yell?] bordered | with full green - o wood deep [sober?] green the lighter parts warm | reddish brown. N B. taken just after the rainy Seasons"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | coast | landscape | mountains
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Mountains on the Coast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.