- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 9 1/2 inches (14.6 × 24.1 cm), Mount: 6 5/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16 × 25.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "2"; in graphite, center right: "2 3"; lower right: "[Hindoo frag th?] On a hill near | Baraynmee Giza Dut"; lower left: "x x"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | ornament
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Architectural Ornament, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.