Sketch of a Bamboo and Wood Mechanical Device
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (22.5 × 28.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 3/8 × 11 5/8 inches (23.8 × 29.5 cm), and Mount: 9 15/16 × 12 1/16 inches (25.2 × 30.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Bamboo | Rope | Wood"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "19"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bamboo | bamboo | device | genre subject | mechanical | rope | sketch | still life | wood
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Sketch of a Bamboo and Wood Mechanical Device, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.