- Tree Sketch
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper; mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 3 11/16 inches (14 × 9.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 1/8 × 4 3/8 inches (15.6 × 11.1 cm), and Mount: 7 3/16 × 5 7/8 inches (18.3 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphie, upper left: "[coonooprimus?]; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Taneaichy | Tuncash | WF- | 2n. Sago-"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Bark very [short?] | & smooth - | leaves dark"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "55"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "22"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | palm tree | sketch | study (visual work) | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Tree Sketch, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.