- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (22.5 × 28.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 9 5/16 × 11 3/4 inches (23.7 × 29.8 cm), Mount: 9 3/4 × 11 13/16 inches (24.8 × 30 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "Black & white [...] | feathers | [...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Arthur Russel Esq. | Swallowfield Paw | Reading"; in graphite, upper center: "20"; lower right: "68"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | genre subject | sketch
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Sketch, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.