Architectural Ornament from a Temple
- Brown wash with graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 × 5 3/4 inches (9.8 × 14.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 4 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (11.4 × 16.2 cm), and Mount: 6 5/16 × 6 11/16 inches (16 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[Ram Sillsa?] - Temple | near [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "27"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lion | ornament | sculpture | studies (visual works) | temple | vase
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Daniell, 1749–1840, British, active in India, Architectural Ornament from a Temple, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.