[One of] Five Designs for a Church
- Additional Title(s):
Design for a Church
- Pen and black, brown and pink ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/8 x 13 inches (53.7 x 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "Church"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Floor of Pew in Church"; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Ridge", "Cieling"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Pew"; in pen and black ink, center left: "Old | Window | Closed | Up"; in pen and black ink, center left: "Lobby | Door"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Section North & South"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Level of Ground Church y.d"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "West Elevation"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Church Roof"; in pen and brown ink, right: "NB. It is proposed to lower | the Enclosure to the steps | with Kew[?ton] Stone to lay | across & the Joints to | be [?Jaggled] then with | Lead - the Top of the | Stone Weater'd - | 1 1/2 or 2 Inches & | molded on the Edge"; in pen and brown ink, throughout, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "AD 577"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceiling | church | lead | molding | pew | religious building | ridges | roof | steps | stone | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, [One of] Five Designs for a Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.