[One of] Five Designs for a Church
- Additional Title(s):
Section East to West for a Church
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with two fold marks
- 13 1/8 x 20 7/8 inches (33.3 x 53 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "A Pair of Principals with | King Post & Braces || B Trussed see End Section || [?Quere] - Floor of Pew if | Joists & Boarding | c.c.c.c. Kenton Ledgers"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Section East to West"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Present floor", "New floor", (twice) "Old Vault", "Church Yard", "A", "B", "C", and dimensions given; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "10", "20", "30 feet"; in graphite, throughout, dimensions and calculations given; in graphite, upper right: "Small arch line / [...] | Large Arch line | Monument line"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AD 579"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | churchyard | drawers (furniture components) | floors | pew | pointed arches | religious building | stairs | steps | vaults (structural elements)
- Associated Places:
- United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, [One of] Five Designs for a Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.