Hinton St. George, Somerset: Design for a Door Frame
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately textured, medium, brown laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 × 12 1/2 inches (34.9 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Deal Pilaster at Large | for Doors N South Dining Room | and Anti[?a] Room"; in pen and brown ink, center: "6 in", "plinth"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Wall line"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 594"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | door
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, eighteenth century-nineteenth century, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Design for a Door Frame, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.