- Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of Stables
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 3/16 × 13 inches (43.7 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Plan for Stables and Entrance from | the Stable Court to the Terrace at Hinton"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Section with proposed form of the Roof | for the Range of Stables"; in pen and black ink, throughout, label and section labeled and dimensions given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Door"; in graphite, center, dimensions given
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "JH 1777 | [-]ine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Plan | stables
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, (JH?) eighteenth-nineteenth Century, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of Stables, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.