unknown artist, eighteenth century, Design after a Greek Vase, undated
Design after a Greek Vase
- Part Of:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 27 1/4 × 19 1/2 inches (69.2 × 49.5 cm), Sheet: 24 3/16 × 15 9/16 inches (61.4 × 39.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 21 1/8 × 13 15/16 inches (53.7 × 35.4 cm), and Image: 20 11/16 × 13 3/8 inches (52.5 × 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ADS66e"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | gods | Greek | pottery | shields (armor) | vases | wings | wings (costume accessories)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.