[One from] A Volume of Drawings and Prints
- garphite, pen and black, brown and red ink, watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 × 13 7/16 inches (43.2 × 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and red and black ink: "a Manch Ermine, the | hand proper holding a Flower | de lis | ii78 i William de Mohun Earl | 6 Lions rampant | 3.2. & 1 armed an | langed MR | Willm Long-espee | ii97 2 Earl of Salisbury and | Somerset base son to Wen 2nd"; in graphite, lower right: "signed James Bulwer | but Williams by JS Cotman"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, upper left: "1837 JB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Rev. James Bulwer, 1794–1879, British, [One from] A Volume of Drawings and Prints, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.