An Estate in Naughton, Bricett, Bildeston and Offton, Suffolk
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on smooth, moderately thick, white wove paper
- Sheet: 22 1/2 × 24 inches (57.2 × 61 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "A PLAN | and SURVEY of an Estate | lying in the several Parishes of | Naughten, Bricet, Bildeston and | Offton in Suff. in the Occupation | of Rich.d Grimnade & belonging to | Edw.d Bacon Esq.r"; in pen and black ink, center left: "The Outside Fences colord Red | belong to this Estate, the Rest | to those Lands on which | they abutt"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan and key labeled
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Survey'd April 1781. By Isaac Johnson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- house | surveys
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Johnson, 1754–1835, British, An Estate in Naughton, Bricett, Bildeston and Offton, Suffolk, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.