The Bass Rock
- Part Of:
- after 1814
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 x 9 1/2 inches (16.8 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "The Bass Rock."; lower right: "166."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchors (watercraft equipment) | boats | cliffs | landscape | sails
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Forth, Firth of | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.