South West View of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and 11 × 17 inches (27.9 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South West View of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Jo. Buckler 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimney stacks | country house | gables | mullions | Tudor
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | South Gloucestershire | Thornbury | Thornbury Castle | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South West View of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.