South View of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 3/4 × 80 1/2 inches (27.3 × 204.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South View of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J.C. Buckler 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | battlements | bay windows | chimneys | country house | Tudor | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | South Gloucestershire | Thornbury | Thornbury Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South View of Thornbury Castle, Gloucestershire, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.