West view of the Ruins of Cowdray House, Sussex
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 × 19 3/4 inches (33 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 1/4 × 17 inches (26 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "West View of the Ruins of Bowdray house, Sussex"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1825"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | country house | mullions | ruins | tower (building division) | Tudor | Tudor arch
- Associated Places:
- Cowdray House | England | Europe | Midhurst | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, West view of the Ruins of Cowdray House, Sussex, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.