South West View of Blithfield
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 3/4 × 18 inches (27.3 × 45.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South West View of Blithfield, Staffordshire, the Seat of the Right honourable Lord Bagot"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | chimneys | country house | courtyard | Elizabethan | Gothic | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South West View of Blithfield, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.