Staircase at Blithfield
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm), Image: 10 3/4 × 12 3/8 inches (27.3 × 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Staircase at Blithfield"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J.C. Buckler 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | engravings | railings | stair | Wooden architecture
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Staircase at Blithfield, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.