North Front of Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire; The Seat of the Marquis of Northampton
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and 11 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (29.8 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "North front of Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire; The Seat of the Marquis of Northampton"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay windows | castle | chimneys | country house | mullions | transoms (windows) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Castle Ashby | England | Europe | Northamptonshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, North Front of Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire; The Seat of the Marquis of Northampton, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.