IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South West View of Ingestre, Staffordshire; the Seat of the Right Honourable Earl Talbot, 1815
South West View of Ingestre, Staffordshire; the Seat of the Right Honourable Earl Talbot
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Castellated and Domestic Architecture of England and Wales from the 11th Century to the 19th, Vol. 2, Drawn by J. Buckler, F.S.A. & J.C. Buckler for T. L. Parker, Esqr.
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm), Image: 11 1/2 × 18 1/8 inches (29.2 × 46 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Wouth West View of Ingestre, Staffordshire; The Seat of the Right Hon.ble Earl Talbot"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | bay windows | chimneys | country house | Dutch gables | finials | Jacobean | lawn | mullions | parapets | quoins | strapwork
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Stafford | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.