- South West View of Ingestre, Staffordshire; the Seat of the Right Honourable Earl Talbot
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 1/2 × 18 1/8 inches (29.2 × 46 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Wouth West View of Ingestre, Staffordshire; The Seat of the Right Hon.ble Earl Talbot"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | bay windows | chimneys | country house | Dutch gables | finials | Jacobean | lawn | mullions | parapets | quoins | strapwork
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Stafford | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South West View of Ingestre, Staffordshire; the Seat of the Right Honourable Earl Talbot, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.