- South East View of Hatfield House, The Seat of the Marquis of Salisbury
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 3/8 × 17 5/8 inches (28.9 × 44.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South East View of Hatfield House | The Seat of the Marquis of Salisbury"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | chimneys | country house | Dutch gables | Jacobean | loggias | mullions | parapets | quoins | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hatfield | Hatfield House | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Joanne Major, An Unconventional Marchioness, The Life of Lady Salisbury, https://georgianera.wordpress.com/2018/03/27/an-unconventional-marchioness-the-life-of-lady-salisbury/ , All Things Georgian, March 27, 2018, Available Online
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South East View of Hatfield House, The Seat of the Marquis of Salisbury, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.