South View of Longleat, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Bath
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm), Image: 11 5/8 × 17 1/4 inches (29.5 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South View of Longleat, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Bath"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1821"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | country house | deer | Elizabethan | finials | mullions | parapets | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Longleat | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South View of Longleat, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Bath, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.