- South East View of Longleat House, Wiltshire, the Seat of the Marquis of Bath
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 3/4 × 18 1/2 inches (29.8 × 47 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South East View of Longleat House, Wiltshire; | The seat of the Marquis of Bath"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | country house | Elizabethan | mullions | parapets | transoms (windows) | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Longleat | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South East View of Longleat House, Wiltshire, the Seat of the Marquis of Bath, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.