View of the Staircase at Longleat House, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Bath
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm) and 18 × 12 1/2 inches (45.7 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "View of the Staircase at Longleat House, Wiltshire; The Seat of the Marquis of Bath"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Jeffry Wyatt, Architect"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1810"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | candleholders | engravings | stained glass | stairs | strapwork | toplighting
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Longleat | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, View of the Staircase at Longleat House, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Bath, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.