Gateway at Burton Agnes, Yorkshire, the Seat of Sir Francis Boynton Bart.
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 10 × 4 5/8 inches (25.4 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Gateway at Burton Agnes, Yorkshire; the Seat of Sir Francis Boynton Bart."
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | country house | Elizabethan | manor | mullions | quoins | towers | tympanum | windows
- Associated Places:
- Burton Agnes | Burton Agnes Hall | East Riding of Yorkshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Gateway at Burton Agnes, Yorkshire, the Seat of Sir Francis Boynton Bart, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.