South East View of Wollaton Hall. Nottinghamshire; the Seat of Lord Middleton
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm), Image: 10 3/8 × 15 3/4 inches (26.4 × 40 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South East View of Wollaton Hall, Nottinghamshire; the Seat of Lord Middleton"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right; "J Buckler 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | country house | Elizabethan | Jacobean | mullions | pilasters | turrets | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Nottinghamshire | United Kingdom | Wollaton
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South East View of Wollaton Hall. Nottinghamshire; the Seat of Lord Middleton, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.